Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireCoffinReleases
Questions and Answers for Coffin AMIGA OS

New Coffin (Apollo OS)page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Stephen A.

Posts 15
27 May 2018 21:07


Renaud Schweingruber wrote:

type in CLI "C:SetEnv Picasso96/AmigaVideo 31kHz" and retry

  thank you!!! that solves it :))


Haydar YÜKSEL

Posts 6
28 Jun 2018 05:51


CoffinOS image does not fit 32GB Kingston CF


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 348
28 Jun 2018 15:37


Haydar YÜKSEL wrote:

CoffinOS image does not fit 32GB Kingston CF

Is rather the CF card the one that is not really 32GB when formatted. You can complain to the drive space marketing ... or get proven 32gb CF card when formatted, or 64gb one on safe side.


Mo Retro

Posts 187
28 Jun 2018 16:08


Vojin Vidanovic wrote:

Haydar YÜKSEL wrote:

  CoffinOS image does not fit 32GB Kingston CF
 

 
  Is rather the CF card the one that is not really 32GB when formatted. You can complain to the drive space marketing ... or get proven 32gb CF card when formatted, or 64gb one on safe side.

The Wear Out Leveling may differ from vendor to vendor, that's why the net storage differs.

I had the same problem with previous images. The original image was made on a Sandisk 32GB CF. The image wouldn't fit on my Kingston 32GB CF. It came short of a couple of hundreds KBytes :( So I got me a Sandisk 32GB CF card. :)

However the last 3 iterations are smaller than the previous ones. I can even fit them now on a 32GB Kingston SD card :)


Yugorin Rotaru

Posts 1
08 Jul 2018 18:45


Hello All

I'm new on forum.
For first - greetings from Poland :)

I would like to ask for help. I prepare coffin r52. Everything is ok - exception network card. When I start for ex. sdnet or v2expeth - system extremely slow down. For full information. I use ENC28J60 module, my wire network is working normally (dhcp etc). command getnetstatus is working only before starting sdnet or v2expeth. After I start it - getnetstatus not working. No back message, no other activities.

I'm sure - I do something wrong - but I don't know what. Strange another situation - when disconnect ENC28J60 - I have the same situation. System slow down - is unusable.

Please, If someone have any idea - help me. I will be very grateful.

kind regards
Yugorin


Jonny Pulli

Posts 9
18 Jul 2018 17:19


How to stop that anyoing "Roadshow" popup window???

Gahhh


ExiE CZEX

Posts 18
18 Jul 2018 20:09


by buying full version fo Roadshow? It is worth it, best TCP/IP package for Amiga...
EXTERNAL LINK


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 348
18 Jul 2018 21:28


Jonny Pulli wrote:

How to stop that anyoing "Roadshow" popup window???
 
  Gahhh

In latest Coffin, By starting MiamiDX and renaming roadshow installed libraries (since we have no unistall).

In those before, by buying it surely, or disabling it in the same way but replacing it e.g. with MiamiDX.
EXTERNAL LINK (ignore MUI and installer updates, you have that in Coffin)


Eric Gus

Posts 244
19 Jul 2018 07:43


I really wish they would "unbundle" Roadshow .. Miami works just fine and its free.. why not just use that and let people who want to have a "better" experience upgrade it themselves to roadshow, at least you will know networking will work out of the box with the vampire network connections without the hassle of a demo timeout.. I never understood the logic of pushing to pay for roadshow when Miami works just fine.


Jonny Pulli

Posts 9
19 Jul 2018 07:56


ExiE CZEX wrote:

by buying full version fo Roadshow? It is worth it, best TCP/IP package for Amiga...
  EXTERNAL LINK 

Well i order the Roadshow, like people that still do stuff for the Amiga! :)



Sean Sk

Posts 125
19 Jul 2018 07:57


eric gus wrote:

I never understood the logic of pushing to pay for roadshow when Miami works just fine.

 
Because Roadshow is faster and because Miami hasn't been updated in years. :)
 


Eric Gus

Posts 244
19 Jul 2018 23:12


sean sk wrote:

 
eric gus wrote:

  I never understood the logic of pushing to pay for roadshow when Miami works just fine.
 

   
  Because Roadshow is faster and because Miami hasn't been updated in years. :)
   
 

 
  Miami works fine (I use it personally for web and samba shares, etc and havent had any issues) .. and Amiga OS itself and many games and applications haven't been updated in years or decades in some cases.. people still use those things just fine.. Defaulting to roadshow makes little sense unless they want to put the full registered version into coffinOS {but that seems unlikely}.
 
If people want upgrade to a "better/faster" experience as you say, let them go out and buy then install roadshow and manually install it themselves.. Miami is free and it would be more than satisfactory for the majority of users (lets be real, no one is going to be using their Vamped amigas to power surf the modern web).. the logic of putting in a demo program for something as key as networking layer is really illogical.
 


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 348
20 Jul 2018 00:20


eric gus wrote:

      Vamped amigas to power surf the modern web).. the logic of putting in

     
      MiamiDX is a nice starter., but it kind of depends on users needs.
      Using FTP/WWW/Chat/Aminet ... As much as browsers can handle :-) Its good to support further development, I will connect 20mbps router via LAN on v4 and will not be able to use full speed.
     
      One could get more legit - full version software by e.g. buying AmiKit X when and IF avail for Vampire (Jan would surely do it if enough users would prove willingness by e.g. buying current copy and pre contacting him they wish to support and get in the Vamp version).
 
  AmiKit X includes EXTERNAL LINK  Changelog - from old free 9 to updated X EXTERNAL LINK


Gregthe Canuck

Posts 248
20 Jul 2018 02:24


The Vampire is a great fresh start on what base Amiga hardware should be. Part of this includes all the new core functionality that has not previously been available.
 
A networking stack is something that I would really like to see optimized for the Vampire platform. This will affect file sharing, browsing, many common tasks we do day to day.
 
There are likely to be a number of possible optimizations for the Roadshow stack. Things like taking advantage of AMMX, possibly DMA (do away with CPU-killing PIO), etc...
 
For this to happen the authors need encouragement and yes that means (gasp!) buying actively developed products. MiamiDX is dead. There is no support and no source code.
 
I hope that with enough paid users for Roadshow the author will consider Vampire optimizations. But that won't happen until the Vampire user base grows in general and Roadshow licensees as well.
 
Why buy a fancy 68080 processor but then only run core functions compiled for 68020? Makes no sense to me.
 


Eric Gus

Posts 244
20 Jul 2018 05:09


gregthe canuck wrote:

   
    Why buy a fancy 68080 processor but then only run core functions compiled for 68020? Makes no sense to me.
     
   

   
    Because maybe you don't plan on using that particular aspect of functionality much and good enough is.. idk, good enough? If you use it more, then fantastic, by all means go buy a much better software package that better suits your demands.. yes that makes total sense.. but for average users they probably don't want or need it, if all they might possibly use it for is to transfer a few files every now and again then buying roadshow is unnecessary..

gregthe canuck wrote:

  MiamiDX is dead. There is no support and no source code.

So is Amiga OS and about 99% of all the games and applications..


MartinTomas Steffen

Posts 28
20 Jul 2018 06:38


I payed for Roadshow. I dont realy need  the program, but i am happy that somone still works on new Software for my Amiga. One of the reasons Commodore and Amiga left the market was that the Most user did not pay for software, just used x-copy. Sorry for my bad english and a nice weekend for all.


Krzysztof Wojteczek

Posts 17
20 Jul 2018 06:53


Just uninstall it please.


Krzysztof Wojteczek

Posts 17
20 Jul 2018 06:54


@ Yugorin Rotaru
It looks like your ENC28J60 is not connected properly.


Krzysztof Wojteczek

Posts 17
20 Jul 2018 06:57


@Eric Gus. Just uninstall it please. Few clicks only.


Gregthe Canuck

Posts 248
20 Jul 2018 08:17


@Eric

We are obviously coming at this whole Vampire thing with different perspectives and I can respect that.

For me I want to see the supporting libraries for the operating system grow up with the Vampire, be it the audio support, the P96/RTG drivers, datatypes or networking stack. Even the development environments (GCC, etc...) need updates as well.

It is going to be a lot of work to start piecing an ecosystem back together but it is slowly happening. More Vampires shipped and more users help make that happen.

Cheers!



posts 142page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8