Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesApolloVampireReleases
Documentation about the Vampire hardware

Cost of Vampires

Mallagan Bellator

Posts 135
24 Sep 2017 12:19


I've wondered for a time how much a vampire card cost. I looked at Majsta's website, couldn't find a price, and I can't search it in here.

Also kipper2k's website doesn't seem to work


Pedro Cotter

Posts 44
24 Sep 2017 12:31



hi,

http://www.apollo-accelerators.com/#wheretobuy
EXTERNAL LINK


Roy Gillotti

Posts 76
24 Sep 2017 14:21


@Pedro: Not sure with the V4 around the corner if that page is being utilized at all.

As for Kipper, it appears he's left the Vampire project.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 2953
24 Sep 2017 19:13


Mallagan Bellator wrote:

I've wondered for a time how much a vampire card cost. I looked at Majsta's website, couldn't find a price, and I can't search it in here.

V500+ should be available in the shops next again.
V600 is re-produced now again too..


Mallagan Bellator

Posts 135
24 Sep 2017 21:34


Thanks for the replies


Thierry Atheist

Posts 573
25 Sep 2017 14:05


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:
V500+ should be available in the shops next again.
V600 is re-produced now again too..

For the sake of accuracy, you mean Vampire 4, right?

Vampire 2's are no more. E.O.L.,... Correct?



Peter Heginbotham

Posts 99
25 Sep 2017 14:12


There could be a resonable cost difference between the V2 & v4 which you could then have an entry level model and then a high end model.

 


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 2953
25 Sep 2017 14:15


Thierry Atheist wrote:

 
Gunnar von Boehn wrote:
V500+ should be available in the shops next again.
  V600 is re-produced now again too..

  For the sake of accuracy, you mean Vampire 4, right?
 
  Vampire 2's are no more. E.O.L.,... Correct?
 
 

Both cards are offered.
 
Both VAMP 2 models for A500 and A600 are still continued.
Majsta continues to produce both.

The VAMP 4 is regarded as high end offering,
using more expensive FPGA and also with higher price (+ $100).


Rob M

Posts 32
25 Sep 2017 22:08


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:
 
  The VAMP 4 is regarded as high end offering,
  using more expensive FPGA and also with higher price (+ $100).

Is that + $100 for the FPGA or the entire design.


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 650
26 Sep 2017 09:40


Majsta has published on 25th Sept 017
that V600 (version 2) is resuming the production.
However, Kipper is only to honor warranties on card he sold.
------------------------------------------------------------
Vampire 600: Resuming Vampire 600 production
Amiga FPGA accelerator
------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry that I must confirm that Kipper2k left the Apollo-Team and that he won't manufacture or sell Vampire cards anymore. We will never forget how kipper2k helped us number of times.

He agreed to not share any information's related to the Apollo Team and to handle warranty for the Vampire cards he made, so if your card comes from him, contact him directly for warranty purposes.

Production of Vampire 600 V2 will be resumed shortly by me with some nice surprises :)


Mr Niding

Posts 194
26 Sep 2017 09:41


Rob M wrote:

Gunnar von Boehn wrote:
 
  The VAMP 4 is regarded as high end offering,
  using more expensive FPGA and also with higher price (+ $100).
 

 
  Is that + $100 for the FPGA or the entire design.

Considering V600 are well over 100 bucks already, I read it as V2+$100+++


Marlon Beijer

Posts 55
26 Sep 2017 14:32


Mr Niding wrote:

Rob M wrote:

 
Gunnar von Boehn wrote:
 
    The VAMP 4 is regarded as high end offering,
    using more expensive FPGA and also with higher price (+ $100).
 

 
  Is that + $100 for the FPGA or the entire design.
 

 
  Considering V600 are well over 100 bucks already, I read it as V2+$100+++

I read it like V2 price + $100 more on top of that.


Thierry Atheist

Posts 573
26 Sep 2017 19:03


So the product lineup is?

Vampire 2

1) A600
2) A500, 1000, 2000 (+ CDTV?)

Vampire 4
3) A600
4) A500, 1000, 2000 (+ CDTV?)
5) A1200 (+ CD32?)
6) Standalone
7) A3000 (might make)
8) A4000 (might make)

And everyone (I'm guilty too) wonders why it's taking so long??


Marlon Beijer

Posts 55
26 Sep 2017 22:44


Thierry Atheist wrote:

So the product lineup is?
 
  Vampire 2
 
  1) A600
  2) A500, 1000, 2000 (+ CDTV?)
 
  Vampire 4
  3) A600
  4) A500, 1000, 2000 (+ CDTV?)
  5) A1200 (+ CD32?)
  6) Standalone
  7) A3000 (might make)
  8) A4000 (might make)
 
  And everyone (I'm guilty too) wonders why it's taking so long??

It takes long to make proper hardware.
IRC wrote:

[21:09:01] ( inflammasome) BigGun Is A3000 & A4000 really planned for the v4?
[21:09:13] ( inflammasome) I saw that mentioned in an article, but I'm not sure if it was a mistake or what.
[21:09:31] ( inflammasome) I was under the impression only the A1200 would be added to the lineup.
[21:09:40] (@BigGun) doing a PCB , testing it - takes lot time
[21:10:06] (@BigGun) we do pretty high clock stuff here...
[21:10:14] (@BigGun) not like a simple 50 Mhz 030
[21:10:56] (@BigGun) in other words... even If we plan for it. it can take lot time to get sales ready
[21:11:10] (@BigGun) therefore I do not like to promise it now ..
[21:12:57] (@BigGun) V4 for A500 we have now
[21:13:05] (@BigGun) I use it atm
[21:13:18] (@BigGun) V1200 is next on the roadmap
[21:16:47] (@BigGun) we do pretty complex cards now with pretty high speed busses (compared to old amiga)
[21:16:56] (@BigGun) developing , testing this cards take time
[21:17:09] (@BigGun) so please not hold your breath for a future card..



Rob M

Posts 32
27 Sep 2017 00:48


Marlon Beijer wrote:

Thierry Atheist wrote:

  So the product lineup is?
 
  Vampire 2
 
  1) A600
  2) A500, 1000, 2000 (+ CDTV?)
 
  Vampire 4
  3) A600
  4) A500, 1000, 2000 (+ CDTV?)
  5) A1200 (+ CD32?)
  6) Standalone
  7) A3000 (might make)
  8) A4000 (might make)
 
  And everyone (I'm guilty too) wonders why it's taking so long??
 

  It takes long to make proper hardware.
 

Also this project is a labour of love done in their spare time.


Rekrab Rek

Posts 3
10 Oct 2017 16:26


Any further updates Gunnar on cost and when the A600 V2's will be released by Maj?

Thanks

posts 16