Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products OrderV4 Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
Documentation about the Vampire hardware

Still Waiting!!!!!!page  1 2 3 4 

Ben Rottler

Posts 13
14 May 2020 23:58


Thanks for the update Geoff


Ben Rottler

Posts 13
14 May 2020 23:59


Nikos Pagonis wrote:

Hi guys
 
  Just to put things in perspective and help people estimate delivery times, i ordered my V1200 on January 21st (with confirmation email) and no email to pay yet, and the V4 on Feb 22nd and received no confirmation email and of course no email yet to pay.
 
  I feel that this process will take forever. December orders are still in queue as far as i know so i am expecting mine during Autumn time.

I'm sure Covid has disrupted production



Ben Rottler

Posts 13
15 May 2020 00:06


Ben Rottler wrote:

Nikos Pagonis wrote:

  Hi guys
 
  Just to put things in perspective and help people estimate delivery times, i ordered my V1200 on January 21st (with confirmation email) and no email to pay yet, and the V4 on Feb 22nd and received no confirmation email and of course no email yet to pay.
 
  I feel that this process will take forever. December orders are still in queue as far as i know so i am expecting mine during Autumn time.
 

 
  I'm sure Covid has disrupted production
 

I do appreciate the update as well though :)



Bill Panagouleas

Posts 28
15 May 2020 00:48


With such a long lead time to wait before getting it. Some people might lose interest.


Adam A

Posts 101
15 May 2020 02:03


I dont think people will lose interest because of the long lead time, which is normal with many fpga based hardware, I pre ordered c64 ultimate recently and waiting time is expected to be more than 6 months
 
  I also ordered an Nt mini Noir in February from analogue.co which is an fpga based NES, shipping time is around 6 months (at least)
 
  Actually, the fastest ever fpga based product to get delivered for me was the vampire
 
  My amiga 500 v2 arrived only 3 months after ordering it
 
 
  I ordered both V1200 on and V4SA in December and received them both with slightly over one month.
 
  I know that you can't wait to have your vampire, but the demand has always been more than production, its not a mass-produced item from china


Geoff Wells

Posts 32
15 May 2020 03:15


I would agree with Adam.  I feel like I've been following this project for 10 years (since Natami) and so a few months now is nothing.  :)  I ordered my V2 for my A500 right away as well and it took a while until they got everything figured out but it was worth it.

The only minor frustration was not getting a registration email and having no way to confirm being on the list.  However, they always seem to come through so I have no complaints!

Keep it up.  AROS/V4 - here I come!


Bill Panagouleas

Posts 28
15 May 2020 07:00


I agree it sounds like a great system and is worth waiting for. It can delay new software from developers that are waiting for their unit for development purposes though.


Michal Pietal

Posts 114
15 May 2020 08:11


Bill Panagouleas wrote:

With such a long lead time to wait before getting it. Some people might lose interest.

Or buy some another Amiga incarnation (ie. Classic, Tabor etc.).


Andrea Ottaviani

Posts 31
15 May 2020 10:05


Bill Panagouleas wrote:

With such a long lead time to wait before getting it. Some people might lose interest.

We all are still fallen in love with Amiga since the nineties... i doubt some months could drop interest ;)


Nikos Pagonis

Posts 21
15 May 2020 15:23


Andrea Ottaviani wrote:

Bill Panagouleas wrote:

  With such a long lead time to wait before getting it. Some people might lose interest.
 

 
  We all are still fallen in love with Amiga since the nineties... i doubt some months could drop interest ;)

I think it could very well be the case especially now that there are many interesting hardware accelerators coming out with very promising specs. Not everyone is a vampire enthusiast ready to wait a year to get his board.



Bill Panagouleas

Posts 28
15 May 2020 16:04


Iíll report back in this thread when I get my Vampire. I wonít hold my breath though since it looks like it may take several months. Iíll be very patient and nice Greek waiting my turn but it may delay adding special Vampire features to our upcoming game and the Another Millennium package. Iíll develop on my X5000 in the meantime .


Eric Gus

Posts 416
16 May 2020 05:08


btw Bill see the previous page on what Irving Goulds attack should be..


Carlos Roldan

Posts 17
16 May 2020 14:00


I got e-mail for the V4 standalone and responded but have not heard back  :(


Boyd Pukalo

Posts 6
17 May 2020 05:30


I pre-ordered mid Jan, received email earlier this week its my time to order in line, replied confirming my interest and shipping details and now waiting for paypal invoice to pay. Hopefully Monday I can complete my order.

Black checkmate A1500+ case sitting next to me waiting for a V4SA.

Tonight ordering DIGITAL-VIDEO, Ethernet, USB panel mount adapters for PCI slot covers to access outside of checkmate case elegantly ...


Bill Panagouleas

Posts 28
21 May 2020 01:25


Iím still waiting lads.


Boyd Pukalo

Posts 6
21 May 2020 03:14


My V4SA shipped today with expected delivery in 2 days!


Ben Rottler

Posts 13
21 May 2020 16:04


Boyd Pukalo wrote:

  My V4SA shipped today with expected delivery in 2 days!
 

  Oops sorry missed your earlier post. Nevermind!


Ben Rottler

Posts 13
22 May 2020 15:21


So there is a 5 month lead time on delivery AFTER order? Hmm... that means those of us who haven't even been able to order yet are looking at next year I guess. Something to look forward to I suppose. My SCART to DIGITAL-VIDEO box and conversion cable arrived today so in the meantime I get to try and get my A1200 up and running again.


Ben Rottler

Posts 13
22 May 2020 15:23


Interesting H D M I converts to digital video.


Terry Carter

Posts 1
22 May 2020 16:01


Boyd Pukalo wrote:

  I pre-ordered mid Jan, received email earlier this week its my time to order in line, replied confirming my interest and shipping details and now waiting for paypal invoice to pay. Hopefully Monday I can complete my order.
 
  Black checkmate A1500+ case sitting next to me waiting for a V4SA.
 
  Tonight ordering DIGITAL-VIDEO, Ethernet, USB panel mount adapters for PCI slot covers to access outside of checkmate case elegantly ...
 

 
  Edit: To be clear, I expressed Ďinterestí on Jan 02 for a V1200, not a V4SA. My bad.

  I pre-ordered Jan 02, received my confirmation email.....still nothing, no email for payment, etc. Iíve checked my junk email and nothing in there. Yet Boyd expressed interest after me...interesting. So ďStill Waiting!!!!!Ē
 

posts 63page  1 2 3 4