Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesApolloVampireReleases
Information about the Apollo CPU and FPU.

Apollo Core Specifications

Peeri the Sunlight

Posts 8
07 Oct 2017 10:58


I'm happy user of Vampire 500+2 for some time.
Now I have cleaned dust off from my Asmone.

My opinion it is quite important to release basic development information, for developers (every one) about AMMX and SAGA.

For now I don't care if i need to access commands even by dc.w $nnnn,$mmmm etc. but if you have some sort of macro library to compile 080 ASM sources to 68080, release it please.

Apollo Hardware reference manual and 68080 Microprocessor user manual is what we eventually need...


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 2951
07 Oct 2017 11:55


Peeri the sunlight wrote:

Apollo Hardware reference manual and 68080 Microprocessor user manual is what we eventually need...

VASM does support AMMX and APOLLO specific new instructions.
Instruction Documentation with examples is written atm.



Aksel Andersen

Posts 102
07 Oct 2017 19:18


If you download the latest Riva, the sources contain macros for ammx. (If im not mistaken)


Lorenzo Pistone

Posts 19
07 Oct 2017 19:59


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:

Peeri the sunlight wrote:

  Apollo Hardware reference manual and 68080 Microprocessor user manual is what we eventually need...
 

 
  VASM does support AMMX and APOLLO specific new instructions.
  Instruction Documentation with examples is written atm.
 

I have contacted the mantainer of asmone but he need the information s about the apollo core opcode to integrate it. Gunnar and the team should help him.



Mr Niding

Posts 194
07 Oct 2017 20:05


Im assuming you have read this already, but linking it all the same;

CLICK HERE


Lorenzo Pistone

Posts 19
07 Oct 2017 20:17


Mr Niding wrote:

Im assuming you have read this already, but linking it all the same;
 
  CLICK HERE 

Error 404 when you click on the opcode.


Philippe Flype

Posts 186
07 Oct 2017 20:52


VASM has been updated for 080 since some months.
 
As it is open source, it may be used as a reference for any port.
 
 
EXTERNAL LINK 
http://sun.hasenbraten.de/vasm/release/vasm_15.html#m68k-cpu-module

There is specific 080 directives, with 080+AMMX support.
 


Lorenzo Pistone

Posts 19
08 Oct 2017 09:42


Philippe Flype wrote:

VASM has been updated for 080 since some months.
   
  As it is open source, it may be used as a reference for any port.
 
   
  EXTERNAL LINK 
  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/vasm/release/vasm_15.html#m68k-cpu-module
  Ok, you can use vasm to get the informations that you need, but I think that the Apollo team need to give more attention to the tecnical support of the cpu.I should be able to find quickly all the documentation to implement the 68080 support in a compiler or in any kind of software.
  There is specific 080 directives, with 080+AMMX support.
   




Philippe Flype

Posts 186
08 Oct 2017 10:53


This we agree, just this is planned with the next core since the new specs comes with the next core to release. Also by contacting us in the IRC channel, we answers such demands.


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 648
08 Oct 2017 12:13


Philippe Flype wrote:

This we agree, just this is planned with the next core since the new specs comes with the next core to release. Also by contacting us in the IRC channel, we answers such demands.

Not the luckiest of the solutions, but lets hope GOLD3 core really sets the new baseline for both v2 and v4 Vamps CPU and AMMX, so that part of the story is "almost done" for some time.

posts 10