Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesApolloVampireReleases
Information about the Apollo CPU and FPU.

Apollo OSpage  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

David Wright

Posts 173
08 Jul 2017 20:30


I have this link to download the apollo os but don't know where I got it.
The name implies here but I have searched through the site and found nothing.

Anywho, the directions say it is 32 gb and can be imaged to either a flash or sd card.
Is this ready to load and go? Wasn't even aware Amiga could handle that size. From the log it shows constant updates with programs and games.

Why an sd card? We can't boot from that yet, right?
Any info would be appreciated.


Roy Gillotti

Posts 66
08 Jul 2017 20:47


David Wright wrote:

  I have this link to download the apollo os but don't know where I got it.
  The name implies here but I have searched through the site and found nothing.
 
  Anywho, the directions say it is 32 gb and can be imaged to either a flash or sd card.
  Is this ready to load and go? Wasn't even aware Amiga could handle that size. From the log it shows constant updates with programs and games.
 
  Why an sd card? We can't boot from that yet, right?
  Any info would be appreciated.
 

 
  It's a raw disk image, you can put it on a SD card, CF card or real HDD as long as it's bootable. you need some software that writes the disk image to the disk. I don't know much solutions in Windows, but in Linux DiskDruid is generally use, simple command line like this:
 
  dd if=/path/to/apolloOS.img of=/path/to/destination_drive bs=1M 
 
  This is put together by a community member and don't believe it's considered an official distribution, however it is well put together and has a lot of the cool software pre-installed.
 
   
 


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 471
08 Jul 2017 20:48


Its a SD Card image.

You can get fresh releases here EXTERNAL LINK 
Yes, its "ready to go" heavily updated OS 3.9 with a lot of apps and tweaks but it will reformat any existing SD Card files.

Read included readmefirst EXTERNAL LINK to get idea of install instructions
as well as Chagelog to see whats included and how it grown.
EXTERNAL LINK 
You can boot now using Vampire Boot
EXTERNAL LINK


Johannes Schäfer

Posts 41
08 Jul 2017 22:20


Is OS 3.9 included in Apollo OS?
How is the status of OS3.9?
Maybe this is violence of copyright?

I like the name Apollo OS, but as this distribution is not from the Apollo Team (AFAIK), maybe it should be renamed.




Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 471
08 Jul 2017 22:27


Johannes Schäfer wrote:

Is OS 3.9 included in Apollo OS?
  How is the status of OS3.9?
  Maybe this is violence of copyright?

Looks like its under the hood.

OS 3.9, is to my knowledge, "gray area". Released by Haage and Partner and Amiga Inc. it was mostly done by 3rd party programmers. No sources avail, OS 4.0 is not based on it, sold today for 40 euros EXTERNAL LINK 
I believe most of  Classic users have purchased OS 3.1, most of OS 3.5 and OS 3.9. Maybe just some check mechanism, like with AmiKit CD insert, could be introduced (e.g s/n input).

Distro is NOT from Apollo Team, its a labour of love, and thanks for it.


David Wright

Posts 173
08 Jul 2017 22:51


Johannes Schäfer wrote:

Is OS 3.9 included in Apollo OS?
  How is the status of OS3.9?
  Maybe this is violence of copyright?
 
 
 
 
 

Violence? I wouldn't go that far, just maybe violation.:)
Ok, I'll show myself out now.



Roman S.

Posts 98
09 Jul 2017 09:41


Vojin Vidanovic wrote:
as well as Chagelog to see whats included and how it grown

Do you know where to get MCP v1.49c?



Matthew Langtry

Posts 62
09 Jul 2017 15:56


maybe to avoid clashes with copyright, maybe distro should check for amiga forever or amigs os 3.9 cdrom in winuae first?


Steve Ferrell

Posts 93
09 Jul 2017 16:44


Matthew Langtry wrote:

maybe to avoid clashes with copyright, maybe distro should check for amiga forever or amigs os 3.9 cdrom in winuae first?

Why don't we let the individual users worry about where/how they obtain a copy of OS3.9 instead of trying to be the copyright police?  There hasn't been a clear copyright holder of OS3 for years now.


Michael Nurney

Posts 197
09 Jul 2017 18:05


if your a mac user , use ApplePi-Baker.app to copy it to a cf and awayway you go.

Ive trimmed it down to fit my 8GB CF and I'm using it now.


Adam Whittaker

Posts 21
09 Jul 2017 18:34


I would be interested in an 8GB version if your willing to share?


David Wright

Posts 173
09 Jul 2017 20:39


A defunct OS kept going by loyal hobbyists which isn't supported, maintained or updated. My conscience is clear.


Eric Gus

Posts 107
09 Jul 2017 21:08


Is anyone else getting a

software failure with MiniMon1.1 ..

Program Failed (error #87000004)
Wait for disk activity to finish




Jerome Tredez

Posts 1
09 Jul 2017 22:08


eric gus wrote:

Is anyone else getting a
 
  software failure with MiniMon1.1 ..

Yes I have and some applications cash and some request apollo core v3. But it's a good start for a vampire customised OS.


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 471
09 Jul 2017 22:10


Roman S. wrote:

 
Vojin Vidanovic wrote:
as well as Chagelog to see whats included and how it grown

   
    Do you know where to get MCP v1.49c?
   
 

 
  Interestingly, no - if its MasterControlPrograme (ApolloOS since r37)
 
    It seems it has "few cats in the bag" that really makes it "AnotherOS" :-)
 
  Changelog shows quick inclusion of all latest 68k and all Vampire related developments, some look like before they were avail on Aminet or elesewhere. So its not just already set up envirovment, it is surely latest in 68k. Plus finally, maintance mode :-)

And ... Idiot Package Managment :-)

"Package Manager Instructions :

    ApolloOS introduces a new package management engine called "IPM" (stands for Idiotic Package Manager). When configured with correct repository, it allows you to download and updates games, applications, videos, etc. It also allows you to upgrade easily your distribution to latest release."


Matthew Langtry

Posts 62
09 Jul 2017 22:36


so to setup ipb you need to setup repository for updates and upgrades to packages and os.

so what is the repository url for public releases?



Roy Gillotti

Posts 66
09 Jul 2017 22:57


Matthew Langtry wrote:

so to setup ipb you need to setup repository for updates and upgrades to packages and os.
 
  so what is the repository url for public releases?
 

Do you want to set one up?

I think that is the current status of the repo server.



Matthew Langtry

Posts 62
09 Jul 2017 23:34


nope but was going to try upgrading from r40 to r42 and see how smooth it is to do with ipm


Eric Gus

Posts 107
10 Jul 2017 01:15


Jerome Tredez wrote:

eric gus wrote:

  Is anyone else getting a
 
  software failure with MiniMon1.1 ..

  Yes I have and some applications cash and some request apollo core v3. But it's a good start for a vampire customised OS.

Oh so minimon probably wants core3 or 2.5? .. ok ill just remove it from the wbstartup for now I guess.


Roy Gillotti

Posts 66
10 Jul 2017 01:59


eric gus wrote:

Jerome Tredez wrote:

 
eric gus wrote:

  Is anyone else getting a
   
    software failure with MiniMon1.1 ..

  Yes I have and some applications cash and some request apollo core v3. But it's a good start for a vampire customised OS.
 

 
  Oh so minimon probably wants core3 or 2.5? .. ok ill just remove it from the wbstartup for now I guess.

It works for me on 2.5 on my V600.


posts 137page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7