|I have a (very) strange WHDLoad problem that I can't really find the cause of/solution to.|
I have a A600 with a chip RAM expansion and a Vampire 2.2 running GOLD 2.11. The OS is OS18.104.22.168 and I am using VampireMap to map a modified A1200 (added intuition.library) in the startup sequence. All very standard :-)
All programs I run from Workbench work fine. Ibrowse, Netbrowse, AmigaAmp, HippoPlayer etc. runs fine and stable. I have also transferred some of the demoes from CoffinOS and they also work fine.
I have installed (and reinstalled - just in case) the latest WHDload.
My problem is that when I run a WHDLoad game or a demo the game or demo starts up fine but after a couple of seconds all activity on the screen stops. The music - if there is any - often plays on but nothing happens. I can fine exit with F10 (or similar).
As a test I tried the latest WHDload-version of the game Agony that is marked as working in the compability list. It stops after the Agony title screen. Just a black screen. No problem in exeting.
To be sure that it is not hardware (core) related I downloaded the adf files of the game and wrote them to floppy. The game loads and plays fine from floppy.
I have tried experimenting with the ExpChip and ExpLocal tooltypes in WHDLoad and I have also used MBRTest-2 to test my chipram. The ExpChip and ExpLocal does not make a big difference. MBRTest-2 does not find any errors.
I am on the bring of reinstalling the - just in case - but wanted to check here before.