Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireCoffinReleases
Running Games and Apps.

GnGeo (NeoGeo) WIP Port On GOLD2.7 WIPpage  1 2 3 4 5 

Stefano Briccolani

Posts 209
19 Apr 2018 13:31


Cyrille
Try to adjust the pixel clock of that resolution.


Thomas Blatt

Posts 105
19 Apr 2018 16:34


Artur Jarosik wrote:

You need to create new 304x224 resolution in 16bit
    in Picasso96Mode with appropriate pixel clock for you monitor.

Thanks, now it works but there are some glitches at the bottom of the screen. At weekend i can make a screenshot of it


Thomas Blatt

Posts 105
22 Apr 2018 06:52


EXTERNAL LINK  EXTERNAL LINK  EXTERNAL LINK  Here are my gfx glitches at the bottom of the screen. I am using a 304x244 16 Bit screen. There ist no sound like in this video.
EXTERNAL LINK  I don't have sound in Quake top. Maybe wrong Ahi installed?


Thomas Blatt

Posts 105
22 Apr 2018 07:16


Fixes the problems myself. Changed screenmode to 304x224 and enabled sound in the config file. With sound enabled, all the games slow down


Stefano Briccolani

Posts 209
22 Apr 2018 07:54


Have you tried the executable Arti posted on this forum?
EXTERNAL LINK  with audio it slows down a bit, but games are still playable. From my point of view it's a very good result so far (and is still a wip!).


Thomas Blatt

Posts 105
22 Apr 2018 14:17


Stefano Briccolani wrote:

Have you tried the executable Arti posted on this forum?
  EXTERNAL LINK  with audio it slows down a bit, but games are still playable. From my point of view it's a very good result so far (and is still a wip!).

Yes i use latest exe of GnGeo, with sound output i find it a little bit to slow


Stefano Briccolani

Posts 209
22 Apr 2018 19:50


Renaud just posted this video:
EXTERNAL LINK


Renee Cousins

Posts 56
23 Apr 2018 03:30


Thomas Blatt wrote:

EXTERNAL LINK    EXTERNAL LINK    EXTERNAL LINK  Here are my gfx glitches at the bottom of the screen. I am using a 304x244 16 Bit screen. There ist no sound like in this video.
  EXTERNAL LINK  I don't have sound in Quake top. Maybe wrong Ahi installed?

GNGEO no longer uses AHI. Also, you can get a little better frame-rate by switching to digital only -- some games you don't even notice the difference in sound.


Thomas Blatt

Posts 105
23 Apr 2018 05:25


New youtube video looks very good and fast


Michael Borrmann

Posts 30
07 Jul 2018 06:05


Any news here about the sound issue? Anybody working on that?


Artur Jarosik

Posts 32
07 Jul 2018 20:36


Yes, we are still working on it.
Here is latest WIP :
EXTERNAL LINK


Stefano Briccolani

Posts 209
07 Jul 2018 23:13


Very good progress Artur!! Congrats!!


Artur Jarosik

Posts 32
08 Jul 2018 08:14


Whole sound code is done by Renee not me.


Thomas Blatt

Posts 105
08 Jul 2018 08:40


Many thanks to all developers. I will try it later


Michael Borrmann

Posts 30
08 Jul 2018 20:55


Thanks a lot for your great work!

Neo Geo Emulator is like one of the most important things to me. :)


Matthew Langtry

Posts 137
09 Jul 2018 21:18


does gngeo work on 68060 too or ammx vampire specific instructions?

will github get updated?

EXTERNAL LINK


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 3505
13 Jul 2018 06:52


Matthew Langtry wrote:

  does gngeo work on 68060 too or ammx vampire specific instructions?
 

   
GNGEO can run on any 68K also on 68060.
But on any other 68k including 68060, the emulator is much to slow to be playable.
Only thanks to AMMX on 68080 the NeoGeo games are playable.
The 68060 gets around 10% of the FPS of the 68080.

Our binaries all use AMMX.


Mr Niding

Posts 284
13 Jul 2018 07:03


Manuel Jesus released a couple of videos showing off GnGeo

EXTERNAL LINK


Fano Il Primo

Posts 1
21 Aug 2018 16:17


A curiosity the emulator is emulating a Motorola 68000 on a Motorola 680x0 or the instruction are directly fed to the CPU?

In the end the Amiga and Neo Geo CPU are the same is the rest of the system that is different.


Niclas A
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 178
21 Aug 2018 16:23


fano Il Primo wrote:

A curiosity the emulator is emulating a Motorola 68000 on a Motorola 680x0 or the instruction are directly fed to the CPU?
 
  In the end the Amiga and Neo Geo CPU are the same is the rest of the system that is different.

Very simplified answer.

The problem emulating a console is that often games are very tightly written to the hardware. It expects a sertain speed of the CPU etc. Thats why most of the time you emulate everything in a controlled loop. So even if the CPU is the same you still emulate it togehter with the rest of the chipset.
Emulating a computer on the other hand makes it possible to skip things.. Like on MacOS emulation.

posts 99page  1 2 3 4 5