Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireCoffinReleases
Running Games and Apps.

Quake ;)page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Marlon Beijer

Posts 103
03 Feb 2018 21:54


Samuel Devulder wrote:

Normally there should be a exe with gcc6.3 from bebbo in the archive (but it isn't gcc6.4 yet.. I need to build it first.)

Use this instead of the other toolchain for faster compile times: EXTERNAL LINK


Samuel Crow

Posts 285
04 Feb 2018 03:23


Marlon Beijer wrote:

Samuel Devulder wrote:

  Normally there should be a exe with gcc6.3 from bebbo in the archive (but it isn't gcc6.4 yet.. I need to build it first.)
 

  Use this instead of the other toolchain for faster compile times: EXTERNAL LINK 

If the destination directory doesn't exist, clean build fails during "make all".  Instructions need updating.


Marlon Beijer

Posts 103
04 Feb 2018 17:12


Samuel Crow wrote:

Marlon Beijer wrote:

 
Samuel Devulder wrote:

  Normally there should be a exe with gcc6.3 from bebbo in the archive (but it isn't gcc6.4 yet.. I need to build it first.)
 

  Use this instead of the other toolchain for faster compile times: EXTERNAL LINK 

  If the destination directory doesn't exist, clean build fails during "make all".  Instructions need updating.

Open up an issue on github and Bebbo will sort that out! :)



Samuel Devulder

Posts 116
05 Feb 2018 01:17


Marlon Beijer wrote:

Use this instead of the other toolchain for faster compile times: EXTERNAL LINK 

Thank you. I compiled it today and already reported 2 bugs to bebbo. At this time, none of my gcc641b-produced amiga-exe works. Some crash, some return to the CLI without doing anything. Under AProf some goes guru line A or line F.... well this port of gcc641b is probably too early in its development process to compile correctly, at least for me.


Marlon Beijer

Posts 103
05 Feb 2018 02:27


Samuel Devulder wrote:

Marlon Beijer wrote:

  Use this instead of the other toolchain for faster compile times: EXTERNAL LINK 

  Thank you. I compiled it today and already reported 2 bugs to bebbo. At this time, none of my gcc641b-produced amiga-exe works. Some crash, some return to the CLI without doing anything. Under AProf some goes guru line A or line F.... well this port of gcc641b is probably too early in its development process to compile correctly, at least for me.

Best thing to do is to follow the EAB thread closely to know where it's at.
EXTERNAL LINK  gcc641 is just a continuation from gcc63, none of the earlier changes are gone, just merged in newer code from main repo.

I can compile MilkyTracker just fine, but every once in a while, a change is made that makes it crash on launch. He's doing major changes to how the assembly is being produced, so that it's producing the best possible and more correct assembly so that drivers and such work correctly.

Since it's a work in progress, bug reports are needed constantly to help him iron it all out. :)


Marlon Beijer

Posts 103
05 Feb 2018 02:30


bebbo wrote:
objdump displays now MOTOROLA syntax.

EXTERNAL LINK


Mr Niding

Posts 248
06 Feb 2018 21:00


GOLD2.7 WIP - FPU showcase with Cosmos Quake 1.10

EXTERNAL LINK


Saladriel Amrael

Posts 72
07 Feb 2018 11:34


Whew! More than 24 FPS with 640X400 isn't bad at all!




Nixus Minimax

Posts 236
07 Feb 2018 14:38


Saladriel Amrael wrote:

Whew! More than 24 FPS with 640X400 isn't bad at all!

Sorry to disappoint you, but it is not 640x400. Since there is no lores-hdmi mode, the Vampire doubles pixel widths and heights to make the video signal compatible to the monitor. The OSD shows this physical resolution although it is a 320x200 as seen from the Vampire.



Saladriel Amrael

Posts 72
07 Feb 2018 15:58


Uh, my bad then...




Pedro Cotter

Posts 64
19 Feb 2018 16:44


Quake Clickboom Multiplayer
  coming soon to a Amiga near you!
 
  EXTERNAL LINK 
Team's Quake Server is already up but Tuko wins every time!!!


Mallagan Bellator

Posts 292
24 Feb 2018 03:11


Somebody once said that Doom would never run on an Amiga.
People who lack the vision of development, should never speak about computers


Samuel Devulder

Posts 116
24 Feb 2018 12:57


doom isn't quake. Both engine are quite different. Quake massively uses the fpu, whereas doom can work on an fpu-less machine like ZxSpectrum. EXTERNAL LINK


Roy Gillotti

Posts 169
24 Feb 2018 13:39


Samuel Devulder wrote:

doom isn't quake. Both engine are quite different. Quake massively uses the fpu, whereas doom can work on an fpu-less machine like ZxSpectrum. EXTERNAL LINK 

Don't think that was an officisl ID software title.


Niclas A
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 165
24 Feb 2018 15:02


Samuel Devulder wrote:

doom isn't quake. Both engine are quite different. Quake massively uses the fpu, whereas doom can work on an fpu-less machine like ZxSpectrum. EXTERNAL LINK 

Doesnt change Mallagan Bellator point. Even the easier Doom was said to never come to the Amiga.


Mallagan Bellator

Posts 292
25 Feb 2018 22:52


Niclas A wrote:

Samuel Devulder wrote:

  doom isn't quake. Both engine are quite different. Quake massively uses the fpu, whereas doom can work on an fpu-less machine like ZxSpectrum. EXTERNAL LINK 

 
  Doesnt change Mallagan Bellator point. Even the easier Doom was said to never come to the Amiga.

Thanks, and yes. Of course I know quake is a completely different engine. I mean, sure, as far as I know the quake engine could have originated from the Doom engine. I somewhat doubt it though, but I guess it could have some code that originated in Doom, for all I know...

Ok, letís take the Bill Gates example instead. Who will ever need more than 640K of RAM? Lol, everyone

My point was that people used to talk so much shit about the Amiga. Those were just negative people who lacked vision, and the basic understanding of development and expansion. Doom requires 16 MB of ram to run. The Amiga 500 could adress a maximum of 9 meg, 1 Meg chip, 8 Megs of RAM. Well, with the 68000 CPU anyway, right? Well, guess what, nay sayers... development. Right? xD

I have the feeling that the vampire series of accelerstors, are gonna really blow up in their faces, one of these days



Roy Gillotti

Posts 169
26 Feb 2018 19:39


Pedro Cotter wrote:

Quake Clickboom Multiplayer
    coming soon to a Amiga near you!
   
    EXTERNAL LINK 
  Team's Quake Server is already up but Tuko wins every time!!!

Hmm, hopefully with more of us on G2.7 we can change that if someone is willing to open up a server.


Simo Koivukoski
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 298
27 Feb 2018 15:23


Pushing Prerelease to the limits:




Saladriel Amrael

Posts 72
27 Feb 2018 16:39


By Comparison, on which HW Quake could be played at 30FPS on PC (Without Hardware 3D Acceleration)?




Niclas A
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 165
27 Feb 2018 16:58


Saladriel Amrael wrote:

By Comparison, on which HW Quake could be played at 30FPS on PC (Without Hardware 3D Acceleration)?

EXTERNAL LINK 
Pentium 120.


posts 163page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9