Overview Features Coding Performance Forum Downloads Products OrderV4 Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
The team will post updates and news about our project here

V4 Mini-ITX Expansion Board - Specs, Registrationpage  1 2 3 4 

Kenji Irie

Posts 76
01 Nov 2021 17:26


Michal Pietal wrote:

Does this board require any soldering?

Hi Michal, no soldering required for this board.



Kenji Irie

Posts 76
21 Nov 2021 03:04


Hi all, we've completed development on the first prototype V4 Ultimate Expansion Board, and a webpage for the Expansion Board is being hosted on our Jake and Peppy website:

EXTERNAL LINK 



Michal Pietal

Posts 235
01 Dec 2021 07:05


Kenji Irie wrote:

Hi all, we've completed development on the first prototype V4 Ultimate Expansion Board, and a webpage for the Expansion Board is being hosted on our Jake and Peppy website:
 
 
  EXTERNAL LINK 
 

Please give approx. availability date.


John William

Posts 490
01 Dec 2021 16:32


I am only interested in this expansion board if it allow me to hook a USB external disk drive or internal IDE Amiga disk drive which V4 recognizes and allows me to boot from disk drive on my V4. ONLY then I will get this expansion and enhance the size of my V4 and get new case for my V4.

If it is all matter of MIDI and sound and for music maker fanatics, then I am not interested. However, I am happy we are seeing new third party expansion hardware for sale for V4. We need more of that. I hope one day, someone else will provide support for either external USB disk drive or internal disk drive.


Steve Hodson

Posts 26
01 Dec 2021 18:19


John William wrote:

I am only interested in this expansion board if it allow me to hook a USB external disk drive or internal IDE Amiga disk drive which V4 recognizes and allows me to boot from disk drive on my V4. ONLY then I will get this expansion and enhance the size of my V4 and get new case for my V4.
 
 
  If it is all matter of MIDI and sound and for music maker fanatics, then I am not interested. However, I am happy we are seeing new third party expansion hardware for sale for V4. We need more of that. I hope one day, someone else will provide support for either external USB disk drive or internal disk drive.

This is a software/stack problem on the Vamp, it needs the hardware driver and a USB stack.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.


Steve Hodson

Posts 26
01 Dec 2021 18:24


Although I (currently) prefer my V4SA in it's tiny case, I have to say tis product is massively important in opening up customization, configuration and brining even more fun to the platform.

The standard form factor and extra expansion are great, I hope it's successful and drives more Vamp sales.


John William

Posts 490
01 Dec 2021 18:33


Steve Hodson wrote:

John William wrote:

  I am only interested in this expansion board if it allow me to hook a USB external disk drive or internal IDE Amiga disk drive which V4 recognizes and allows me to boot from disk drive on my V4. ONLY then I will get this expansion and enhance the size of my V4 and get new case for my V4.
 
 
  If it is all matter of MIDI and sound and for music maker fanatics, then I am not interested. However, I am happy we are seeing new third party expansion hardware for sale for V4. We need more of that. I hope one day, someone else will provide support for either external USB disk drive or internal disk drive.
 

 
  This is a software/stack problem on the Vamp, it needs the hardware driver and a USB stack.
 
  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I am fine that the USB ports on V4 is exclusive for mouse and keyboard. I like it like that. I am interested in third party hardware to provide real USB or to allow disk drive. V4 team have done enough for the V4.



Kenji Irie

Posts 76
05 Dec 2021 03:28


Hi Michal,

Difficult to say exactly. We are currently working on developing the second revision, which will then go through team members perhaps January/February for testing and development, before mass production.

Assuming no major issue with component supply (80 week lead times are becoming common - but we are adapting to supply as necessary, with many key components already purchased), I would estimate between March and June next year.

Also, a new feature - we are designing in a push-button switch on the back for overclock mode ;)


Kenji Irie

Posts 76
27 Feb 2022 06:23


A new video has been posted showing some of the configurability of the LEDs and LCD on the V4 Ultimate Expansion Board. See the video here:

EXTERNAL LINK 



Hugo Pereira

Posts 71
27 Feb 2022 08:50


The customisation of the V4 Ultimate Expansion Board looks great! I'd like to share the photo collage with the key moments of the video. Congrats to the guys that have been participating in this project and keep up the great work!

EXTERNAL LINK


Kenji Irie

Posts 76
13 Mar 2022 10:14


Hi all, an email was sent two weeks ago to all people who have registered interest in the board, asking for some feedback on options and accessories.

I know some of the emails (I suspect a large proportion) have ended up in spam folders, and hence people never saw the emails. If you are registered and did NOT receive an email with attached PDF 2 weeks ago, then please check your spam or send another email to:  v4expansion@gmail.com 
On behalf of the team,

Kenji.



Kenji Irie

Posts 76
15 Apr 2022 06:49


Hi all, a brief update on progress. The Ultimate Expansion board 'final' design was completed a few weeks back, and a prototype is in transit to Apollo Computer for review and testing.

In the past week, I have managed to confirm several CF extension adapters are working with both my V4 and V4+ systems. What does this mean? It means I am keen to test one final modification to the board, to see if we can produce a robust mount to enable the CF accessible from the back panel of the expansion board. Having the CF accessible this way will add extra cost to the board due to extra parts, but I think it will be worth it!


Christopher Stokes

Posts 28
16 Apr 2022 12:25


Almost missed this. Thanks for the update Kenji, extending the Cf card is a good idea.

Regards

Chris

posts 73page  1 2 3 4