Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products OrderV4 Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
The team will post updates and news here

V1200 Order Page Is Onlinepage  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Stefano Briccolani

Posts 404
10 Feb 2020 09:51


There would even be a serious privacy problem listing hundreds of personal data.



Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1596
10 Feb 2020 14:15


Also ordering "2 months ago" is not an argument in this case scenarios. Someone might ordered 3 months ago and is in line.
 
  What is important is:
  - No money taken front
  - Everyone can cancel when time comes, passing Vamp to next customer
  - Everyone will be served as production and testing allow
  (capacity might increase on strong demand, but not immediately)
  - Everyone will receive shipping info, rest is on custom officers and post offices
  - Things like core finalization, Ethernet testing, USB kb and mouse testing, joy support and AROS on card are done meanwhile and each model is likely to be shipped with latest core and sw, unlike buying PC with 2013 BIOS version
- Only real winners were Naiss buyers, getting one immediately with mouse and kb for same price, but received most beta core.


Knight Stone

Posts 62
10 Feb 2020 18:36


Vojin Vidanovic wrote:

Also ordering "2 months ago" is not an argument in this case scenarios. Someone might ordered 3 months ago and is in line.
   
    What is important is:
    - No money taken front
    - Everyone can cancel when time comes, passing Vamp to next customer
    - Everyone will be served as production and testing allow
    (capacity might increase on strong demand, but not immediately)
  - Everyone will receive shipping info, rest is on custom officers and post offices
  - Things like core finalization, Ethernet testing, USB kb and mouse testing, joy support and AROS on card are done meanwhile and each model is likely to be shipped with latest core and sw, unlike buying PC with 2013 BIOS version
  - Only real winners were Naiss buyers, getting one immediately with mouse and kb for same price, but received most beta core.

you're talking about the V4 SA?




Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1596
10 Feb 2020 19:34


Knight Stone wrote:
 
    you're talking about the V4 SA?
 

 
  I am personally more for v4sa since my a1200 died and I dont find rationale in a1200+v1200 vs v4sa. But in this talk I mean V1200 too :)
 
  Apart from direct sale opportunity of V4sa, Vampire ordering has not much changed since V1. Sometimes there is a limited availability at Amiga vendors. And it wont change unless some big company stands behind, highly unlikely. To be honest, AmigaOnes also had extreme little
 
  Same thing happens sometimes on Alchemie and other Amiga shows - team offers direct sales.
 
  Igor (V600,V1200) is even more on one-man-pressure to test, assemble and ship. So imagine if it was you. How many can you fully test, flash, pack and send daily?


Ronnie Beck
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 139
10 Feb 2020 19:43


Vojin Vidanovic wrote:

  - Only real winners were Naiss buyers, getting one immediately with mouse and kb for same price, but received most beta core.

This is clearly nonsense.  The V1200 has nothing to do with Neuss.  Why would only people who went to Neuss be winners (even if the V1200 were connected with Neuss)?  Stop writing this kind of nonsense.


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1596
10 Feb 2020 20:02


Ronnie Beck wrote:

  This is clearly nonsense.  The V1200 has nothing to do with Neuss.  Why would only people who went to Neuss be winners (even if the V1200 were connected with Neuss)?  Stop writing this kind of nonsense.
 

 
  OK last sentence does not apply to v1200, but to getting Vamp directly and quickly. If such opportunity arise, do not miss it. Team could do the same on next Alchemie, Polish or German Amiga show.
 


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 4454
10 Feb 2020 20:24


Vojin Vidanovic wrote:

Team could do the same on next Alchemie, Polish or German Amiga show.

The team will for sure be present on a few AMIGA meetings this year.
And I agree that for the V4 is was great to provide to "complete" package.


Knight Stone

Posts 62
11 Feb 2020 01:43


Vojin Vidanovic wrote:

Knight Stone wrote:
 
    you're talking about the V4 SA?
   

   
    I am personally more for v4sa since my a1200 died and I dont find rationale in a1200+v1200 vs v4sa. But in this talk I mean V1200 too :)
   
    Apart from direct sale opportunity of V4sa, Vampire ordering has not much changed since V1. Sometimes there is a limited availability at Amiga vendors. And it wont change unless some big company stands behind, highly unlikely. To be honest, AmigaOnes also had extreme little
 
  Same thing happens sometimes on Alchemie and other Amiga shows - team offers direct sales.
   
    Igor (V600,V1200) is even more on one-man-pressure to test, assemble and ship. So imagine if it was you. How many can you fully test, flash, pack and send daily?

I understand your points, but maybe there should be a "V4 SA Order page is online", i was relating to the V1200  :)


Jamie Chapman

Posts 36
11 Feb 2020 16:48


Tim Trepanier wrote:

Jan. 22, 2020 - expressed interest
  Jan. 25, 2020 - got email that a Vampire 1200 V2 card was allocated to me and asked me to pay within 7 days or my card would go to someone else
  Jan. 27, 2020 - i sent money via wire transfer
  Jan. 28, 2020 - i emailed my proof of payment
  Jan. 31, 2020 - Igor received my money
  Feb. 04, 2020 - my card shipped
  I'm currently awaiting delivery

Hang on,  I expressed interest on 30/12 and have had no emails since ??????


Stefano Briccolani

Posts 404
11 Feb 2020 17:05


Jamie Chapman
There was an error. He ordered on December 22. Not january


Jamie Chapman

Posts 36
11 Feb 2020 20:03


:)


Knight Stone

Posts 62
13 Feb 2020 20:35


email received, and Vampire A1200 paid for ....

YABBA DABBA DO !!!

Now to put my Apollo 1260 up for sale ;)




Vito Leva

Posts 20
13 Feb 2020 22:25


idem here email received......ACA 1233n on sale...eheheheh
Status changed in ALLOCATED......


Andrea Ottaviani

Posts 23
13 Feb 2020 23:48


For having an idea about waiting list status.. Can you tell us when you expressed interest? Thanks and enjoy your new toy! 😜


Knight Stone

Posts 62
14 Feb 2020 00:34


be happy to.

11.50pm on 22nd December 2019, after this thread was announced. mine was one of the first few posts.

:)


Vito Leva

Posts 20
14 Feb 2020 07:50


Hi see my post on page 6........


Vito Leva

Posts 20
14 Feb 2020 07:50


Andrea Ottaviani wrote:

For having an idea about waiting list status.. Can you tell us when you expressed interest? Thanks and enjoy your new toy! 😜

Hi see my post on page 6.....


Cyril G

Posts 1
17 Feb 2020 15:32


Hi all,

Expressed interest on the 23rd of December, 11am.
Order email received on Sunday 16th of February
Paid today and now waiting for delivery.

Hope this helps


Sam Avenger

Posts 5
17 Feb 2020 17:04


Well there is this Page:
EXTERNAL LINK 


Pascal Babel

Posts 4
19 Feb 2020 10:45


A person who expressed interest on 12/22 receives the email for the card on 1/25, one month later.
  Another person for an interest expressed on 12/23 received the email on 2/16, about two months later.
 
  The more time passes, the longer the delay.
 
  Normally it is the opposite, procedures should be put in place to speed up assemblies, tests, packaging, shipping, etc., but here we regress.
 
  I hope this difference is only due to the end of year holidays.
 
  Otherwise knowing that I expressed my interest on 12/31 and that it took two months for an interest expressed on 12/23, it is not tomorrow that I will receive my vampire !!!
 
  This vampire 1200 will become a real Arlesian :-)

It would be at least interesting to have a count, how many are made and shipped and how much remains to be done to satisfy all the requests expressed. In this way no sensitive data will be disclosed.



posts 144page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8