03 Oct 2018 13:53
Source PFS 3 all in one readme!
Short: PFS3 All-In-One
Author: Toni Wilen
Uploader: twilen winuae net (Toni Wilen)
This is improved all-in-one 100% OS 1.x/2.x/3.x/68000+ compatible
port of open source version of Professional File System III (PFS3).
Sources: EXTERNAL LINK
- TD64 support check false negative fixed, v3.0 rejected many TD64 capable
- Always re-execute access mode test when removable drive is inserted
and before formatting.
- Set default stack size back to original default of 4000 bytes from old
AROS compiled value of 6000. Saves stackswap 6k of RAM.
- Always execute TD_MOTOR off after idle delay period, some HD controllers
only switch off activity led when TD_MOTOR off is executed.
- Previous version's (3.0) OS 3.1.4 SCSIDIRECT support was very broken and
corrupts the partition. Reformat required if used with v3.0!
- Fixed out of bounds buffer read when writing file to disk that does not
fill last disk block completely. It was harmless but can for example
cause MuGuardianAngel hits. (Original PFS3 bug/optimization)
- Return faked (larger than real blocksize) InfoData structure block size
value if drive is larger than 16G as a workaround for programs
(including WB) that calculate in use percentage using 32-bit
"in use * 100 / total" formula where multiplication overflows if size
is about 20G or larger with 512 block size.
- Removed Direct SCSI scsi_Actual validation after read or write operation.
Some SCSI controllers don't update it properly, causing pfs3aio to show
disk read or write error requester. Was added in 3.0.
- Fixed softlinks, they have never worked previously. (Piru)